Tuesday, August 4, 2009

First couple days

Work is going to be interesting...

After meeting my new boss (a funny good ol boy from Kentucky) I think this will be a good job for me. Set aside the massive amount of driving involved and this job is going to be crazy.

So basically I will be doing government work at many different locations all at once. Few of my jobs will be more than a couple hundred thousand dollars each and that means I will be doing many jobs instead of one big one. Here's the interesting part: I and two others were hired to completely change this division and turn it into an efficient and professional division. Basically I get to do things my way and I get more responsibility. This also means that I will be a Project Manager in less than a year :) All good things.

The job won't be easy but I think it will be a great experience and help me grow in my industry. Wish me luck :)

Oh yeah, on my 2 hour commute homes today I decided that I will have to start looking into moving closer to work... Probably on the peninsula... Never thought I would say that!

“Life's challenges are not supposed to paralyze you, they're supposed to help you discover who you are.”

No comments: