Thursday, July 30, 2009

Life Update

Ok so it has been way too long since I updated this and I am sure my loyal fan base is dissappointed... All 5 of you :)

In case you have not heard I finally got a new job and start on Monday, 8/3. I will be working for Torres Construction in San Francisco. Torres does public works (govt) projects but I am not sure exactly what I will be working on when I get there. I am very excited to start working again but am not looking forward to the commute.

It feels so great to have a job again and I have to say that unemployment was a good experience for me. It allowed me to focus on my health and my finances. I realized how foolish I had been with both of those issues and now have the challenge of maintaining the good habits I have acquired during the last few months. Speaking of my health, I figure I should update you all on how my bet went....

I won the bet and accomplished my goal of 40lbs of weight loss (45 now) :) I have decided that because I now have a job, I am going to use my winnings as the basis for a road bike purchase. That way I will use my winnings as a tool for better health. It has been a tough journey and I am not even close to the end but I love the results and how I feel.

So life is improving and I look forward to what the future has in store for me.

"Your goals, minus your doubts, equal your reality."